Application Code 報名編號 : CC 88 - 209
|HKU CC ASocSc|
It is believed that change and volatility are essential elements of life in the globalised world. To thrive in this fast-changing, unpredictable environment, it is essential to develop one’s ability to cope with, and even foresee, the challenges. Knowing oneself and others, mastering the logic underlying change, and understanding its consequences are how we could find our niche and prosper in the society. It is to this end that the programme of Associate of Social Sciences (ASocSci) has been developed to build a gateway to the academic and professional world.
Programme Aims & Features
The broad-based curriculum covers major social sciences disciplines, such as political science, psychology and sociology. The programme focuses on enhancing students’ understanding of human social interaction, social groups and the logic underlying social change. Students will be trained to evaluate social phenomena objectively, scientifically and critically as social scientists. The programme aims at developing students’ social consciousness, international awareness, critical and logical reasoning ability, and self-learning ability.
Opportunities for Further Studies
Some of our graduates/students are admitted to UGC-funded degree programmes every year. The list below shows the programmes that our graduates/students of recent years have articulated to*:
Through-train Pre-enrolment Scheme
HKU SPACE International College
Graduates are also eligible to apply for admission to the full-time top-up degree programmes offered locally by HKU SPACE International College in collaboration with the following university:
- University of the Arts London
- Edinburgh Napier University
- University of Hull
- University of Western Australia
- University of the West of England, Bristol
The intellectual and analytical training provided by this programme equips students with competence in academic work and gives them a practical foundation in a range of skills which will be useful in careers such as commerce, human resources, education, government and public administration, as well as being helpful in professions like social work and social administration.
Common across all Themes
Elective for all Themes (choose one course)
Ageing Studies Theme
Behavioural Science Theme (with focus on Psychology)
Politics and International Studies Theme
Social Welfare and Social Administration Theme
|Core Curriculum Courses|
Courses offered in each semester are subject to student enrolment and resources available.
- 2016-18 Associate of Social Science
- Advancement to BA in Cultural Studies, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Offers received: BA in Cultural Studies (Year 3), The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Offers received: BSSc in Gender Studies (Year 1 of 2-year programme), The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Offers received: BSSc (Hons) (Year 3), The University of Hong Kong
- Offers received: BSSc Criminology & Sociology (Year 3), City University of Hong Kong
- Offers received: BSSc Public Policy & Politics (Year 3), City University of Hong Kong
- Offers received: BSSc (Sociology) (Year 3), Hong Kong Baptist University
- Offers received: BA (Hons) in Social Policy & Administration (Year 3), The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Offers received: BSSc (Hons) in Global & Hong Kong Studies (Year 3), The Education University of Hong Kong
Studying in HKU SPACE Community College was a fruitful learning experience for me to acquire knowledge and enhance my social skills. The lecturers here were professional and nice. They were willing to help and support the students when they were in need. Thanks to their help, I received offers from different universities.
- 2015-16 Associate of Social Sciences (Social Welfare and Social Administration)
- Offer received: HKU Social Work (Year 1)
It has been tough studying in HKU SPACE CC - but thanks to the lecturers here, it has been made a whole lot easier. They are so helpful and eager to answer my questions whether those are academic or personal. Their passion shows in every class and this has motivated me to learn better and think more. I am grateful for such cherished experiences. Spending two years at college may sometimes seem wearying but as long as your goal is clear and you plan ahead, you CAN achieve it. It does come true. Remember to reach out to friends and classmates when the going gets difficult. There is such welcome mutual support on offer for tired brains. Working as a team may enable you to reach new heights. There is still so much to be happy and positive about!
- Associate of Social Sciences
Is failing in public examination the end of the world? Definitely, NOT. Studying in HKU SPACE CC is a cornerstone for my future study. CC does not only equip me with knowledge, but also time-management, communication and critical thinking skills. It is a place to fulfill our dreams. Getting a university degree is not the only way to succeed. Therefore, do not let GPA be your sole pursuit in the college. Try to enjoy these two years of college life. I am grateful to have known so many Social Sciences domain lecturers; they will show you the way to solve various problems. You just have to be pro-active and ask for help, they will be there for you anytime.
- Associate of Social Sciences
It is a tremendous, yet challenging time to study at HKU SPACE CC. On one occasion, various academic issues stressed me a lot, non-JUPAS interviews, meeting deadlines – the list goes on. Not only is the life here all about competition, but it also marks your first milestone in your pathway of intellectuality. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” Staying at this new environment in entirety, lecturers and all other people I met here gave me an impression of friendliness, and we had each other’s back. This is undeniably a place where we can forge enduring friendship.
- Offer received: HKU Bachelor of Social Sciences
- Offer received: CUHK Bachelar of Science in Global Studies
- Offer received: PolyU BA in Social Policy and Administration
- Offer received: CityU BSc in Public Policy, Management, and Politics
Guided by the passionate and experienced lecturers, the various inspirational courses I attended allowed me to deepen my understanding of social sciences. It definitely laid a solid foundation for my undergraduate study and solidified my desire to advance in this field.
- Associate of Social Sciences
- Currently HKU student Offers received in 2011: HKU BSocSc (Year 2);
- HKBU BSocSc (Hons) in Government and International Studies (Year 2);
- CityU BSocSc (Hons) in Policy Studies and Administration (Year 2)
Studying at HKU SPACE Community College is a certainly a memorable experience; you will definitely get what you deserve once you have devoted your efforts and made some sacrifices. I really appreciate the way in which HKU SPACE CC provided me with an opportunity to prove I was capable of being admitted to tertiary education in spite of my great setback at HKAL. I would also like to thank all my lecturers and classmates as they a taught and helped me in so many different aspects. This made the whole experience so unique and worthwhile.